COMMUNITY EVENT CALENDAR
Click on an event to download and print flyers
E-Mail your event info/flyer to email@example.com to have your event posted here
- This event has passed.
Iskimisigedaa “Learn about making Maple Syrup”
February 24 @ 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
The Leech Lake Diabetes Program along with the Bena LIC representatives will be hosting a two session Family Wellness Event to learn about the processes and introduce the Sugar Bush.
Session 1- Sugar Bush Seminar
The following presenters will discuss their experiences as it relates to the foundations of the Sugar Bush:
- Elders- Wally Humphrey & Guy Green
- Leech Lake DRM- Levi Brown
- Chippewa National Forest- Audrey Gustafson
- Historical Preservationist- Jim Jones
- Leech Lake Diabetes Program- Kara Randall
A pancake breakfast will be served.
Contact Bonita Desjarlais, 218-665-3037 or Angie Nason, 218-335-4511