The Minnesota Chippewa Tribe hereby announces that a Regular Election will be held on June 14, 2022, on the LEECH LAKE RESERVATION.
This REGULAR ELECTION provides for an April 5, 2022, PRIMARY ELECTION in the event there are more than two (2) eligible candidates for each open position.
Elected positions to be filled are as follows:
A. SECRETARY/TREASURER-LEECH LAKE RESERVATION BUSINESS COMMITTEE-FOUR (4) YEAR TERM
B. COMMITTEEPERSON ON DISTRICT I -LEECH LAKE RESERVATION BUSINESS COMMITTEE-FOUR (4) YEAR TERM
C. COMMITTEEPERSON DISTRICT II-LEECH LAKE RESERVATION BUSINESS COMMITTEE – FOUR (4) YEAR TERM
Candidates shall file with the Secretary/Treasurer or his designee during regular business hours beginning on January 14, 2022. Filing will close on January 24, 2022, at 4:30 P.M.
Candidates can file at the RTC Administration Building located at 190 Sailstar Dr NW in Cass Lake beginning January 14th, 2022 at 8:00 AM.
Visit our election information page for continually updated information on candidates, voting and more as we progress through the 2022 election cycle. Election Board, Absentee Voting and Polling Place information will be posted by February 24th, 2022.
Important Upcoming Dates
- January 14th- Opening of filing period for candidates
- January 24th- Filing period closes
- February 10th- Deadline for Notice of Certifications to TEC
- February 15th- Deadline for appointment of Election Boards.
- February 22nd- Deadline for Decision of certification or non-certification by Tribal Court of Appeals.
- February 24th- Notice of Primary Election
- April 5th- Primary Election (Polling places open from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.)
- June 14th- General Election (Polling places open from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.)