Radon is a radioactive gas naturally produced from the decay of elements found in the dirt underneath our homes. Our homes on Leech Lake Reservation range from low to high levels. Even though we cannot see radon or smell it – Radon is real! It is an Invisible, odorless radioactive gas that is bad for our lungs. Radon is the 2nd leading cause of lung cancer in the U.S. for people who don’t smoke. Radon is responsible for an estimated 21,000 deaths from lung cancer each year. Radon can cause lung cancer when exposed to it over a long time.
Many of us live in houses that are well sealed from the outdoor air. This can cause a problem since radon can build up to high levels in our homes. Your home might have high levels of radon and you wouldn’t even know it. No matter what type of home you live in: brand new and airtight or old and drafty radon isn’t picky. To date we have assisted almost 400 Leech Lakers in making their homes safer by reducing their radon. Join us in reducing radon across Leech Lake Reservation. Harm to our lungs can be prevented, we just have to test!
Protect your Family – Prevent Lung cancer – Test your Home.
Contact: Radon Technician at 218-335-3716 or DRM Air Quality Specialist at 218-335-7441
Get more information at http://www.llojibwe.org/drm/environmental/radon or go to http://sosradon.org
View/Print Radon Info Pamphlet