The Minnesota Chippewa Tribe hereby announces that a Regular Election will be held on June 9, 2020 on the LEECH LAKE RESERVATION.
This REGULAR ELECTION provides for a March 31, 2020 PRIMARY ELECTION in the event there are more than two (2) eligible candidates for each open position.
Elected positions to be filled are as follows:
- CHAIRPERSON – LEECH LAKE RESERVATION BUSINESS COMMITTEE-FOUR (4) YEAR TERM
- COMMITTEEPERSON DISTRICT III- LEECH LAKE RESERVATION BUSINESS COMMITTEE- FOUR (4) YEAR TERM
Candidates shall file with the Secretary/Treasurer or his designee during regular business hours beginning on January 14, 2020. Filing will close on January 24, 2020 at 4:30 P.M.
Candidates can file at the RTC Administration Building located at 190 Sailstar Dr NW in Cass Lake beginning January 14th, 2020 at 8:00 AM.
Visit our election information page for continually updated information on candidates, voting and more as we progress through the 2020 election cycle. Election Board, Absentee Voting and Polling Place information will be posted by February 20th, 2020.
Important Upcoming Dates
- January 14th- Opening of filing period for candidates
- January 24th- Filing period closes
- February 18th- Certification of candidates and any challenges/appeals completed
- February 20th- Notice of Primary Election
- March 31st- Primary Election