CASS LAKE, MN- After weighing all possible options, the Leech Lake Tribal Council agreed to let the mandatory portions of the Stay at Home Order for the Leech Lake Reservation expire as of today, June 1, 2020. Vulnerable residents and their caretakers, especially those with underlying conditions, are strongly encouraged to continue staying at home and limiting all contact for the duration of the pandemic.
The Leech Lake Tribal Council would like to remind all residents of the reservation that the COVID-19 pandemic remains a very serious health risk to our community, the Stay at Home Order will swiftly be put back into place if necessary. Please continue to practice the good habits that have brought us this far through the public health crisis. Frequently wash hands or use hand sanitizer, maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet, wear masks when out in public and limit in person gatherings with people from outside of your household.
No changes are expected this week to government or business operations. Essential services will continue to operate at their current capacity. Tribal casinos are still at least three weeks away from resuming operations, patrons should expect significant changes that will ensure the safety and health of guests and employees. The COVID-19 situation on Leech Lake and throughout the State will be closely monitored in the next few weeks and will weigh heavily on any decision made,
Detailed plans for resuming operations have been drafted and will be finalized in the coming weeks. Public input is very important to this process, if you have not yet filled out the survey at https://arcg.is/1qOCG8, please do so. Community members may also submit comments to [email protected].
The COVID-19 Public Health Emergency remains in full effect, all health and safety guidelines also remain in effect and need to be followed. These include:
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and social distance as much as possible. If traveling, use current safety measures;
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and running water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with your hands;
- Wearing a mask is required in all common areas;
- Cover coughs and sneezes;
- Practice social distancing (at least 6 feet between people);
- Wipe down all frequently used surfaces after each use;
- Avoid entering another employee’s workspace (e.g., office);
- Stagger breaks and lunches, if practicable, to encourage social distancing.