Federal/State elections take place Tuesday, November 6
Native American voting rates are among the lowest of all racial and ethnic groups in the U.S. Almost two out of five eligible Native Americans are not registered to vote. Even among registered Native voters, the turnout rate is 5 to 14 percentage points lower than that of other racial and ethnic groups. It is imperative that we stand up and make our voices heard in local, state and federal elections!
You must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old on Election Day
- A resident of Minnesota for 20 days
- Finished with all parts of any felony sentence
How to Register
You must register by Tuesday, October 16 or you will need to register on Election Day!
Register online: Click for more information
You will need: an email address, MN Driver’s License or ID Card or Last 4 digits of SSN
Register on Paper: Click for more information
Download, Print and fill out the MN Voter Registration Application. Drop off at your
county election office or Mail to:
Secretary of State
60 Empire Dr.
Saint Paul, MN 55103
*Voters who register in advance DO NOT need to show identification on Election Day
Register on Election Day: Click for more information
You will need one of the following:
- ID with current name and address; or
- Valid Minnesota ID or Valid Tribal ID with name, address, photo and signature
- Photo ID AND a document with current name and address; or
- List of Approved photo IDs (The ID can be expired): Driver’s license, state ID or learner’s permit issued by any state | U.S. Passport | U.S. Military or Veteran ID | Tribal ID with name, signature and photo | Minnesota university, college or technical college ID | Minnesota high school ID
- Approved documents (Can be shown on electronic device): Bill, account or start-of-service statement due or dated within 30 days of the election. Includes: Phone, TV or internet | Solid waste, sewer, electric, gas or water | Banking or credit card | Rent or mortgage | Residential lease or rent agreement valid through Election Day | Current student fee statement
- Registered voter who can confirm your address
Early/Absentee Voting Information
The Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe is proud to announce that the Tribal Headquarters will once again serve as an official Absentee Ballot Location for the following precincts: Cass Lake, Pike Bay Township, Wilkinson Township, Bena*, Federal Dam*, Gould Township*, Ottertail Peninsula Township*, Sucker Lakes*, Winnie Portage Lakes*.
From September 21 – November 5, 2018, voters who live in the listed townships may vote early for the General Election.
Voters not pre-registered, residing in mail ballot precincts marked with * may vote at the location listed or at the Cass County Courthouse prior to Election day, or at Cass Lake City Hall on Election day.
For more information contact: Leslie Harper, 190 Sailstar Dr NW, Cass Lake, MN 56633, phone: 218.335.8246
Register to Vote before October 16!